Sunday, July 24, 2016

What's Next?

Existing Market
Honestly, I'm not sure what's next or what I could do in addition to the venture I have formed in this class. Perhaps, just add more products to sell on board. Or maybe I can stretch my service into renting out different types of vessels: boats, jet skiis, kayaks, etc.

I spoke with a few individuals while I was at an out of town wedding event, but was not able to capture the dialogs on audio, as it was not appropriate. But here is some of the feedback I received:

Suggestions:
  • Offer a tow option to boat owners that don't want to leave their boats behind
  • Upfront pricing
  • Other souvenirs
  • Onboard bathrooms
I may honestly look into how to transport boats left behind so our market of boaters that drink while out can take advantage of our service without the worry of what will happen when they leave their vessels behind. I think all suggestions are something to consider, especially if we do sunset cruises with bars on board, we will definitely need on-board bathrooms, as well as inside and outside areas. 

New Market
In terms of targeting a new market, I would consider marketing restaurants and businesses in the area I am marketing to. I could make arrangements for restaurants to sell tickets to my services, instead of just relying on customers coming directly to me.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, some of my best assets are the connections that I already have. Some of those connections include knowing people in the downtown restaurant district. In previous conversations, we spoke about working together through a referral basis. I would recommend their businesses and they would recommend mine. Revisiting this idea, they are willing to form these business agreements to better both of our businesses. Although they are not direct clients using my services, they are a secondary  market helping to gain customers for my business, as well as strengthening their own.

I will make business agreements with various restaurants, stores,  bars and other shops in the different market areas of Downtown Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, and Bonita Beach.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey,

    Great post! This is actually my first time reading about your concept because only one person in my group did this assignment. I really love your idea. I agree that many tourists do not know how to drive boats and would most definitely prefer having a driver drive them around but not for a huge amount of money that a private tour would cost. I like your idea of expanding into a new market of selling to restaurants and businesses. I believe many would be interested in this and could market specials for dinner and a boat cruise at their restaurants which would be beneficial for both the restaurants and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey. It's good that you know your target markets. I think expanding your market to renting out water vessels would be great. Definitely, jet-skis in Miami (because for some reason those are hard to find).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey,
    The rental industry would be an awesome idea. You would just need to really do extensive market research to find out if there is adequate consumers looking to rent vessels in the proposed location. I am thinking that maybe you can get into the market of providing romantic dinner boat rides that would be more private. This would be similar to a dinner cruise but much more private and intimate, which I think would be a very attractive business for consumers. Some people don't want to spend a romantic evening around several other couples as you would on a Dinner Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the rental option opens up a whole other successful market segment for you. i also thinks that it would be great idea for you to partner up with local companies or store. you could provide private events aboard for them and maybe even a discount deal to employees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey,
    This is the first time I read about your venture but it sounds like an excellent idea. I've seen many occasions in Miami where people either don't know how to drive a boat, or simply don't want to so they can drink instead. Your concept eliminates both of these issues and considering the surrounding water Florida has, you can expand your market all over the state. Hopefully costs can stay low enough that it will attract customers. I like the idea you have with other businesses and the reciprocity between you and them; you can definitely drive sales up with good reputation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete