Sunday, July 24, 2016
Celebrating Failure
One time I recall failing in the last three months would probably be in keeping my house clean. I know... not an exciting confessional. But it is something that drives me crazy. I keep telling myself I will do this or that the next chance I get, but I have been running around so busy this summer that I have failed to do it. Over and over. It is not my first time failing at this, but it has been worse this semester. Although I do enough to keep up with it so we don't live in filth, it is not up to the standard I prefer.
The one thing I might have learned from this is that I don't have to do everything at the same time. I could break it up into different sections each day.
Failure is... disappointing. It can be embarrassing. It is something we all go through, but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens. But it does give us a chance to stop and think about how we are doing something. If we didn't fail at it and get the chance to reevaluate our methods, we might keep moving forward doing things half-assed.
During this class, I have gained confidence in rejection. In speaking to strangers and asking them if we can interview them, you are opening yourself up to rejection. But more than likely, you will not be rejected so I have learned to not fear it as I once did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment