Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Exit Strategy

My exit strategy will depend on how much I enjoy running this particular business. Since my company goes with the lifestyle, I may feel like I am never working and enjoy my day-to-day tasks of running the business. My Exit will also depend on the income of my business at the time. If things aren't going as well as I think they should, but I can still sell it for a profit, I may just get out and reinvest the profits in my next venture. One things for sure - I know I will open another business after this business is in order. It is fun to be innovative and your own boss. I doubt I would ever want to go back and work for someone else, unless it's as a contractor while maintaining my freedom. 

If my son shows an interest in running the business, I would consider holding on to it for him and gifting it to him later. I am a fan of family businesses. 

I don't believe my exit strategy has influenced how I have developed my concept because I am not totally sold on which exit strategy I will go with. Regardless of a plan to sell or to sustain into retirement, I would like to make the business viable with the potential of continued service. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you see a parallel with your lifestyle and running the business. I agree that if you like running it you may as well keep it. I also think its cool how you would want to start another venture after your current one. Family businesses are cool and a concept i could see myself taking part in too. Overall I think this was a great post.

    ReplyDelete