My business opportunity is to bring a water taxi company to the waterways of Fort Myers and Cape Coral. We will have different size vessels that offer different experiences. We will have scheduled excursions, as well as call-a-ride options.
The name of my business is: Fort Myers Water Taxi
Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/_f_N61oayXQ
I hope you enjoy!
Here is the transcript to my pitch: (please, read only after watching, for clarity)
"The Cities of Fort Myers and Cape Coral are home to over 200,000
year long residence, with another 40,000 annual snowbirds and tourists
constantly adding to that number. This area is known for its beaches and
waterways. When you think of Southwest Florida, you think of water. Unfortunately, many are
left without the opportunity of taking advantage of the beautiful ecosystem our
area was blessed with.People without boats miss out on some of the finest sunset
views in the world. Small islands being left unappreciated. Starry nights being
spent in doors or in vehicles.
Until now. What I am
offering has never been done in this area. What I’m about to tell you could
change the way you spend your time commuting to and from leisurely activities.
In the Fall of 2016, we will be offering water taxis for the Downtown Fort
Myers area, right from the canal in your back yard. From the sands of Fort
Myers Beach, to your favorite waterfront restaurant on Sanibel Island. Enjoy a
sunset cruises with on-board bars, taking you to destination you can’t get to by
car.
My proposal to you is to spend a day, a night, an evening
living outside these boxes and enjoy this area for all that its worth."
The Cities o
Great job, Lindsey! I really liked the way you structured your pitch starting out with numbers to paint the picture of how many people this idea may apply to. You sounded very knowledgeable while speaking and used colorful descriptions to motivate me to take interest in your idea. I used to live near Fort Myers, so I can resonate with your venture concept, and I think that there would be a real market for this!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! There is nothing better than being able to enjoy the outdoors and the water. I think your idea would bring more fun and excitement to the Ft. Meyers area. It would bring more and more customers to the area for you and for local businesses. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteLindsey,
ReplyDeleteI think you have chosen the right opportunity in the perfect location. If you market this as a form of transportation and pleasure that's set at an affordable price for the regular working class then this will be a great idea in Fort Myers. But it also would be a nice idea to maintain some sort of prestige and novelty to the business to avoid customers from becoming bored or tired of enjoying these water taxi rides. Just ask for a specific dollar amount from the investors and you are good to go. I really like your idea!
I really like you starting your pitch with data from the area. You did a good job of alliterating your idea. I also liked how you were able to isolate part of market by explaining that it would include non boat owners. This tells me you have a good idea of who to market to and not to. It may be beneficial to you to incorporate some disclosure of costs/returns that you are expecting so your investors will have some idea of why they should spend more time on this idea.
ReplyDelete