Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tweaking the Innovation

Fort Myers Water Taxi


Product/Service Mix:

Taxi Service                                    Excursions              Food & Beverages 
Predetermined Destination               Picnic Island           Water
(Downtown Restaurants & Bars)     Cabbage Key         Chips/Crackers/Light snacks
Pick-up/Drop-Off                           FMB to Sanibel      Sodas (many)
River Cruise (Roundtrip)                 Sunset Cruise          Alcoholic Beverages (many)                           

Map:

 - Core (Benefit): Gets you on the water, more fun than car, more direct (in some cases), relaxing, adventurous
 - Tangible: In a boat, refreshments offered
 - Augmented: No alternatives are offered on the water, but offers water experience which can not be obtained by taxi, car, or walking. Only service to offer this.

Innovation:

When I first began my concept of the water taxi, it was a much simpler idea - pick up people and boat them to their destination. Through the interviews and various assignments, I have received many good ideas and recommendations that lead me to where I am now with my idea (above). Not all of the listed items were part of the initial concept for it has evolved. Here are just a few of the innovations I have added along the way:
 - Offering food and beverages on a large boat for more maritime enjoyment.
 - Offering some predetermined shuttle-type trips, from restaurant-to-restaurant.
 - Offering planned excursions for groups of people to board, enjoy, and depart at scheduled intervals of time.
 - Sunset Cruises on determined days.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is very well organized and thought out. The ideas you have for your innovation are spot on. I couldn't think of other things you would need for this water taxi. I think it is smart for you to add the beverage and snack part. Nothing like a boat ride with some wine or beer to enjoy. The excursion part gives it more of a romantical feel. I think this taxi would get a lot of couples and couples are always looking for little escapes to share with one another.

    ReplyDelete