Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 

In order to keep up with the demands of this course and constant assignments, I have checked my Canvas almost every day. I feel like if I am not checking it, I might be missing out on an important date. I have gotten people in my life involved with it and talked about my venture with them for additional feedback to keep my venture evolving to fit needs. 

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

In doing the many interviews we are asked, I have felt very frustrated in the fact that 1) I have no additional time in my schedule to allot for seeking out strangers, 2) I do not really have places to go other than Publix, and 3) I do not feel I need to endanger myself by approaching strangers in order to complete an assignment for points, when my safety is more important. I felt like skipping assignments to avoid these. In order to get them done, I asked family for suggestions on places I could speak with safe strangers (neighborhood pool, social gatherings, etc.). After doing interviews, I realize that it is actually a little fun, while being stressful. I feel more tenacious and more confident in asking silly questions from people I didn't know.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

 - Even if you don't want to do something, do it anyways. You will be surprised with your outcome and how you feel.  
 - If you are confused about an assignment, reach out to your coaches, or refer to another student to see how they interpreted the assignment.
 - As long as you can find a safe environment, you don't need to be afraid to approach people. Most people will not tell you "no" if you explain your situation. 

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    I agree with you 100%. I really don't have alot of time in my schedule to leave my house to go out and interview 5 people almost every week especially with an infant. It was extremely frustrating to complete these assignments. You are absolutely right. You have to force yourself to "Just do it" when it comes to many of these assignments. When I would look back on the assignments then I have been very surprised at several of my products. These assignments are exemplary of the painful tasks that need to be accomplished in any entrepreneurship venture. I wish you the best for the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    I agree with you 100%. I really don't have alot of time in my schedule to leave my house to go out and interview 5 people almost every week especially with an infant. It was extremely frustrating to complete these assignments. You are absolutely right. You have to force yourself to "Just do it" when it comes to many of these assignments. When I would look back on the assignments then I have been very surprised at several of my products. These assignments are exemplary of the painful tasks that need to be accomplished in any entrepreneurship venture. I wish you the best for the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was also one of my big concerns. not wanting to go out and talk to strangers who i had no background on and just start asking them a bunch of questions. i more though that they would be annoyed with me as if i was trying to sell them something. but i did find that people responded a lot better then expected they were very willing to participate and some turned into really great convos. but the stress is definable there i constantly triple checking the due dates making sure that i dont miss an assignment because they come and go so quick. a tip i would leave is be on top of your schedule!

    ReplyDelete